Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dante's Weekend Away

Or, this post could more aptly be titled, "We finally do something worth blogging about."

But I digress. 

This weekend, Dante had his second trip out of town.  My sister had a piano festival at a college a few hour away, so we came along.  

This was Dante's second hotel stay and he did great.  We opted not to tell the hotel about him ahead of time, because they have a no-pet policy and we were not sure how they would react (put us in a smoking room, etc.), but I am happy to report that not a single comment was made about him from any of their employees.  For those of you who are puppy raisers or have a service dog, you know how welcome this can be even over nice comments ;-)

There was a window bench along the wall, and my sister told Dante to "jump" onto it.  He did, and instead of telling him "off," she "released" him.  Dante did what any brilliant CCI puppy would do, and laid down and went to sleep!  Hahaha!

Hotel life agrees with this pup.

On Saturday morning, we dropped my sister off and decided to hang around campus for the day.  My mom and I took Dante to the tennis courts to burn some energy first.  If you read this post, you know that Dante scraped his paws pretty badly on tennis courts a few weeks ago.  This time, we were more careful, and he was just fine.


Just as we were walking back to the car, a campus bus came by.  Public transportation is something that I have been wanting to do with Dante for awhile, so we asked it we could ride the loop.  The driver was very nice and let us right onIt was almost full, but Dante did great and settled right on.  We ended up to moving where it was more comfortable for him when it emptied, but it was good that he got to experiences both ways.


 The afternoon was spent at Barnes & Noble; Dante sleeping, me working.   


Then my sister's recital, and 2 1/2 hour drive back home.  There are many things Dante is still working on, but one thing I must say about this puppy is that he makes a great travel buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Aww it looks like Dante did awesome yet again! The public transportation was a great opportunity...we don't have anything like that over here that I know of :P I love how he is so great at "chillaxing"

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!