Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Six Weeks

Over the last six weeks I have sat down to write on my little blog more than once.  Sometimes I got a few sentences in and erased it all; sometimes I couldn't bring up any words at all.  These past six weeks have brought a lot of change.  Some good, some hard, but all God's perfect plan. A post like this will never be how I envisioned chronicling these events, but life doesn't always play out how you envision it either.

Before turn in, Moray had one last adventure with my family.  We did some traveling which included a visit to New York City, and his first flight to Orlando:

November 7th was my last day holding Moray's leash as a puppy in program.  That afternoon, I gave my little buddy one last kiss goodbye as he entered Professional training.

Two-and-a-half short weeks later, on the day before Thanksgiving, our puppy program manager called with the news no puppy raiser wants to hear.  Moray's release from training was not a complete surprise, but much of what she had to say was hard to process.  Moray decided that being a service dog just was not for him, and has been adopted by my grandparents to live as a spoiled Change of Career pet.  
From when he was still a PIT
Moray, 
You were a joy, always.  The sixteen months that I was blessed enough to have you were some of the best in my life so far.  I don't know all that God has in plan for you or I, but I know it's going to be pretty amazing.  Thank you for loving so freely and always knowing how to make everyone around you laugh.  I will always be proud to have been your puppy raiser.  I love you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if my last comment went thru? But wanted you to know I am sorry about what happened but glad that you will be part of his family!!! What is it that made CCI decide to CC him? I know you did a great job with him!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!