Saturday, June 30, 2012

Outing Update


On Monday Dante came to a doctor's appointment with me.  He was a little confused as to why my mom was working him while I was there, and kept looking to make sure I was still with him.  It really is a good thing that he gets used to being worked by someone else while "his person" is with him.  

Dante is a barker.  When he would go out in public, he was fine as long as you kept moving, but as soon as you stop he would start barking.  We had a really hard time figuring out why he was barking.  He is comfortable when going out, and nothing really seems to phase him.  We finally realized that it was because he didn't know what he was supposed to do.  He didn't understand that he could just sit or lay down and do nothing.  My mom worked really hard on this while I was gone the last couple weeks, and it finally just clicked for him.  He still will let out a (very) occasional bark, but he has made tons of progress!

We were at the doctors WAY longer then we expected to be (3 hours), which was the longest he has ever been out. I was kind of nervous about it, but Dante was an angel!  We were in the waiting room for 2 hours and he was perfect like in the picture above the whole time.  I kept saying "I cannot believe he is this good!"  

My mom did take him walking around after a while where he got to do his first elevator.  She told me that Dante barked when they first started moving, but did really well for the most part.  
 

I am so happy with all the progress Dante has made these last couple weeks! 

Oops!  I just realized that I never did Dante's 6 month post last week, so this will have to suffice:

Happy 6 months Dante!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!