And now this is what comes barreling down the hallway:
This month, I thought that we'd do 8 things that Dante needs to work on:
1. Dante needs to work on not being so mouthy. He was getting better about it, but recently started getting worse. I have been told that it is in part a golden issue, but we still need to resolve it.
2. Playing Fetch. It is important for CCI pups to want to play fetch and bring things to you, because when they enter Advanced Training, they will be taught to retrieve dropped items, but that is a whole other post.
3. Staying focused. I can usually always get his attention, but we need to work on keeping his attention.
4. Testing the limits. When I ask Dante to settle (under a table, etc.) he will often grab his leash and growl (playing), and needs a correction before he comes to terms that he has to settle down.
5. The "stand" command. He will stand perfectly, but will not stay yet.
6. Not soliciting attention. But I must say that this is as much my fault as it is his. Dante is on "no petting" status for an undetermined amount of time.
7. Bringing items (shoes, socks, remote, etc.) to me when he picks them up. I cannot correct him for picking these things up, because we don't want him to refuse to pick something up in Advanced Training due to being corrected for it as a puppy, so when he does pick things up, he needs to bring them directly to me. He is getting MUCH better, but still has a ways to come.
8. Not picking up his toys after he "drops" them. He gives them up great, but will try to take them back from my hand.
Happy 8 months, Dante!!!