Monday, October 15, 2012

Oh dear.  I am sorry that posts on here have been rather sporadic.  I think I have been posting just frequently enough that you know I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but not as much as I should.  Busyness, school, lack of interesting things going on - call it what you may, but mostly Dante's life is pretty routine right now.  

Dante has not been on many new outings the last couple weeks, just learning to be out longer and at multiple locations.  he really loves being out with me, but for one reason or another, he doesn't do so well when we have multiple stops to make, so, recently that has been my focus outing-wise as opposed to so many new places.  And he is showing progress.

Most of Dante's time is consumed re-learning A LOT.  Like house manners (read: he's on-leash at all times right now), not chasing the cat, not stealing my yarn when I crochet, etc.  Oh and also his commands.  Examples given: "dress" means put your head through your vest/GL now, not 45 seconds from now; and "heel" means go directly to my left side, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.*

I must say that it is hard not to get frustrated with Dante, 'cause really dude, you DID KNOW all of this stuff!  But he still gives the best "hugs" (he is sooo cute and leans into you as close as he can get), and is my best cuddler, so, I guess that makes up for it. :-)


And enjoying the cooler temps with lots of play time, where he's actually tired before he wants to go in, instead of just too hot.  (Mid-Speak)

"Just throw it already!"

"My" happy boy! :-)

Also, as a quick side note, you can now follow Days with Dante by email!  Just check out the sidebar!

*for those of you who play the real Monopoly.  It is the best, and no electronic nonsense can compare ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your adventures with Dante!! Girl I don't know how you are going to give him up! We have had our puppy for 3 months and have invested so much time into training him. I can't imagine giving him up to someone else. You rock girl for tackling this huge task of training/raising a puppy for someone else! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I know it is going to be really, really hard, but when you see what they can do for their forever person and the impact they have on their lives, it is totally worth it!

      Delete

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!