Sunday, September 1, 2013

Updating

Life around here doesn't look like it is going to calm down any time soon.  Hence the lack of blogging.  Unfortunately, it has fallen down on my list of priorities, which I hate, but for now is just how it is.

I have many, many thoughts still swirling in my head about Dante and turn in (has it only been 2 weeks?!?).  I am not a self-proclaimed writer, but I need to write to get my thoughts straight for my own good.  These I have chosen not to write on the blog because I do not like to feel that I have to justify my feelings, and while I hate to feel that I leave "loose ends" on here, that is just the way it is for now. 

Now on to Moray!  Although I hate to have a lag in blogging, it almost feels right in this case -- a kind of "reset" to Everything Moray.  

Moray is such a sweetie!  Oh my!  Do I love this age!  He now responds to not only his name, but "Hey Gorgeous!" as well.  ;)  The last two weeks have taken some adjusting for him too.  Since he arrived in June, he has had at least one, but up to four other dogs in the house all the time.  

It feels so serene around here with only one puppy.  So far, he has amazing house manners.  Having a puppy that (so far) ignores anything inappropriate in the house, and only goes for his toys is so weird.  I still stand in awe that at 4.5 months, he is better in the house than a certain Golden we all know-and-love was when he turned in at 20 months!  I know it won't last long.  The Terrible Teens are just around the corner, but it is nice to have hope!  

We have been in school full-force for a month now.  I have a very full schedule with co-op, homeschool classes, and class at the community college.  It will be a few months before Moray can keep up with that, but he is making good progress in his training.  

I always hate to compare puppies, but it is hard not to note the differences.  Moray is not nearly as high-energy as Dante was, and he is learning to settle very well.  He came to co-op on Friday for the first time.  We meet in a church, and it is pretty calm with not that many people, and he did fantastic.  Slept or played with toys the whole time.  The only complaint one could have was the noises he makes in his sleep, but if that is it, it is the least of my worries!


We are getting ready to head into "big boy status" as 5 months is less than two weeks away.  This means wearing the "official" Canine Companions Puppy in Program vest, and going on public outings.  He is ready.  Moray has grown a lot in his commands and maturity in general.  He gets so serious when his vest and gentle leader go on.  It is so adorable!  He loves to work, learn new things, and go to new places.  Not much else you can ask for!

I do not have much to say about these, other than that in writing this post I have realized just how few pictures I have of this cutie.  Moray loved his first visit to the grocery store to learn about carts though!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he's getting so big! But he's still just as cute. I can't believe he's already almost 5 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Moray could send some of that calmness to his sister, Meeko. Her house manners are not so good and she delights in terrorizing the cats. But she is the sweetest little dog :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!