Friday, June 21, 2013

Turbulence

Poor Moray has had a bit of a shaky start at our house.  Last Thursday, we ended up at the emergency vet with kennel cough.  

I can report happily that he has been cough-free for three days now, and Dante never contracted it.  Unfortunately, there is more.  On Wednesday night, I was at church and left Moray home with my mom.  Moray is only 9 1/2 weeks, so we still have some work to do on potty training, but he has been doing fairly well for his age.  When I got home, my mom reported that Moray had had about six accidents since I was gone.  

All day Thursday, it seemed that by the time we got one mess cleaned up, we would turn around only to find another one.  By that afternoon, I started logging every time he relieved.  He was having accidents every 7-10 minutes.  

We were a little unsure that it could be a Urinary Tract Infection because he just came off antibiotics for kennel cough.  We took him to the vet this morning (3rd time in two weeks).  Of course, he would have nothing to do with peeing while there, but we collected it when we got home, and sure enough poor Moray has a UTI.

In the sixteen months that I have had Dante, aside from eating a few things he was not supposed to, he has never been sick, so to get a double-whammy back to back is a little discouraging.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end in terms of sickness.  But just think, we have no where to go but Up!  ;-)

In a more positive light, I just love how smart and how fast Moray learns.  He is getting to be a pro at "sit" and whenever he wants anything, he thinks he can get it if he sits.  So cute!  The power of positive reinforcement is something to be reckoned with!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers! Please leave a comment!